Blogadda

Blogadda
Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

SAVED





It was a hot typical May Friday evening and I have finished my Engineering Drawing class of my second semester in my engineering. Our college was in the other corner of the city and we have a railway crossing between the main city and our college which is generally college due to heavy railway traffic. There were multiple rails on that crossing because it’s a junction and the railway station is just adjacent to that crossing. I used to go to college on my bicycle so that I can cross the crossing by going down from it like every other bicyclist.
That day also, I was doing that while coming back from my college to home. The crossing was closed as usual and I had my books and other engineering stuff on my bicycle carrier. I have seen both the sides and there was no train on either side. As soon as I bent down to cross the crossing, my bicycle fell down and suddenly the rails got closed and the handle of my bicycle got stuck in those rails. My books fell down and other stuff was lying on those rails.
There was no sign of any train movement on either side and people were crossing as usual. A group of girls were giggling seeing me getting all my stuff and trying hard to get out the handle of my bicycle out of those rails. There was a turn on the last rail in which my bicycle handle was stuck and if some train will come on that turn, it will only be visible only when it is 100m far.
So, I was busy jiggling with the stuck up handle and suddenly what I have seen is that a train is just 100m far from me and there is no horn. My nerves got a shock suddenly and I just got stand there seen the train. It seemed that I was waiting to get hit by the train and at the very same moment a scream has hit by ear-drum saying  “Bhaaaaag”. I came back to my senses and the train was like just in front of me and some kind of hulk like energy came to me and I made a huge jump and I was on the other side on the crossing and in parallel the long train was going on that rail with multiple things happening in parallel. One is the driver of the train scolding me with all the kind of abuses he knew, my cycle parts were in the air, I was standing stuck-borne and people on the crossing shouting frevioushly.
That particular moment where the parts of my cycle were in the air, is still alive in my head and I can see all that happening in the slow motion with the tyre on one side of the crossing, handle and other parts on the other. On that same instant I can still hear those abuses in my ear with me standing seeing all the drama happening.
Just after the train has left, I see the post-mortem of my stuff on the crossing with the parts of my bicycle here and there, my books and stuff on the road and little tears rolling my eyes with me not able to sense what exactly has happened in front of me and in some part of my mind, I was thanking God for saving me. I got Saved by some miracle on that day and the a week after that I see a suicide in front of me while waiting at the same crossing. I will write those moments on some other day.

No comments: