Blogadda

Blogadda
Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Monday, July 28, 2014

Being Fired!

“Can you give me another chance?” He asked, trembling, with pale face and sweaty palms from fear.

He gripped his pants, trying to soak the sweat but to no avail. It profusely flowed like a never ending fountain. He felt humiliated. Guilty. Stupid. He glanced at the door, thinking of running away, but he chose to wait for their response. The air was so thick that it was hard to breathe.

He had just been screamed and pointed fingers at for the past 10 minutes. No one was on his side and he was cornered in that grim kitchen. His co-workers? Busy pretending to not pay attention and proceeded with their work. His bosses’ faces were testaments to the extent of their fury – hungry tiger would look tame in comparison. It was amazing their veins haven’t burst from all those yelling.

“No,” said the big guy with sharp and aggressive tone. “Get out.”

That first day was also the last day of my career as a sandwich maker at Subway. I grabbed my bag and walked out with my tail between my legs. I felt dead inside. And sad. But I couldn’t cry. Disappointed I guess. I was extremely looking forward to working at my first ever job, but it ended as abruptly as it came. At least it was a sunny day – I didn’t have my umbrella.

1 comment:

Red Handed said...

ah...the story of many . They never give second chances :(